These are the rates for Monkeyland, Birds of Eden and the Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary
(The SAASA Plettenberg Bay based wildlife sanctuaries)
(Monkeyland or Birds Of Eden or Jukani)
R 175.00 (child 3/12years)
R 190.00 (child 3/12years)
(Any 2 Sanctuaries)
R 295.00 (child 3/12years)
R 305.00 (child 3/12years)
Three Sanctuary Hopper (all 3 Sanctuaries)
R 350.00 (child 3/12years)
R 380.00 (child 3/12years)
- Monkeyland and Birds of Eden are open from 8am to 5pm, unless other times are pre-arranged
- Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary is open daily from 9am to 5pm - the last entry is strictly at 3:45pm
- All our sanctuaries are all weather facility
- Able to accommodate all ages and all group sizes
- Entrance fee to Monkeyland, Birds of Eden and Jukani is a day rate
- Children aged 2 and younger are free
- We offer a pensioner rate to all our South African Pensioners of 10% off our normal rate
- At both Monkeyland & Jukani all the tours are conducted by our safari guides, tours at Monkeyland are 45minutes to 1 hour and at Jukani tours are 60 to 90 minutes.
- All our sanctuaries and sanctuary facilities are wheelchair accessible
- All our sanctuaries have curio stores and restaurant facilities
- Our sanctuaries are strictly no touch (hands off) facilities
- We offer affordable sanctuary memberships (annual) options
- Unless requested otherwise, tours are conducted in English or Afrikaans
- We have multi-lingual safari guides at Monkeyland (German and French)
- Please book your non-English tour at least 24 to 48 hours in advance
- Remember to pack your cameras, Selfie-Sticks and GoPro extenders are not permitted
- Remember to please wear comfortable shoes
- We offer a pensioner rate
For Queries contact Lara +27(0)829795683 firstname.lastname@example.org or Vijver +27(0)726132261 email@example.com
There are restaurants at both Monkeyland and Birds of Eden. To visit the Twitter Cafe at Birds of Eden you require a ticket that includes entry to Birds of Eden. However visiting the Feeding Station Cafe at Monkeyland does not require a Monkeyland entry ticket.
The safaris are walking tours into the forest where the primates have been released and are free-roaming. The rangers will track the primates down & impart interesting information about them, the forest and anything else you come across. Part of the safari is across our 128 m canopy walk, which actually rises above the forest canopy for a birds eye view of this primate paradise.These walking safaris last an hour, and depart from reception every 15 to 20 minutes. The tours are open-ended which means that you can go on more than one tour on the day you are visiting us.
Our safari guides are multi-lingual, languages spoken include German, Spanish, English, Afrikaans, Italian, French, Xhosa and Shangaan. Language specific tours can be arranged by contacting our front office or Lara (our marketing manager) - please note during Covid not all these languages are available. If you have a language request please contact us at least 24 to 48 hours before arrival to check and book.
Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary is located 7km before Monkeyland's turn-off (see map below) and this sanctuary is home to big cats such as lions (white and tawny), cheetahs, tigers (Siberian, Bengal and white), leopard (spotted and black), jaguar, pumas, caracal and other wildlife species such as zebra, wild dog, springbuck, honey badger, and raccoons. Jukani opens at 9am and the last tours depart at 3:45pm. At Jukani you have the option to walk on your own or go with a Safari Guide.
We offer STO rates to tour operators and these are available via email or fax + 27 (0) 86 760 8605 or + 27 (0) 86 402 1848. School group rates are also available on request.
You can also contact our marketing manager Lara Mostert and request a copy and/or further information about Monkeyland, Birds of Eden and/or The Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary if so required.
We always advise visitors to try an allocate an minimum of 4 hours for their visit to Monkeyland, Birds of Eden and The Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary. If you allocate less time, you might miss out. Our sanctuaries are tranquil and worth hanging out at for the day.
Phone: +27 (0) 44 534 8906 / +27 (0) 82 979 5683